Hello family and friends! We have decided to blog Our Next Journey! We are excited about our move to Mississippi, the journey to get there and all the new things in our life in the years to come.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A short trip to Oahu...

Amongst all the chaos of moving, I boarded a plane this afternoon to Oahu for work. I return on Wednesday night. Very short trip, not enough time to see much of anything and I'm here for work, without my travel buddy. He is at home being a wonderful husband packing up the rest of the house and garage.

I first flew into LAX and then boarded a 757 for Honolulu Airport. Huge airport.... I got my exercise walking through several hallways, across one outside bridge, down the escalators to the baggage claim. Then outside to the humidity to catch the rental shuttle to get my car. I was interested to see how my hair was going to handle the humidity in preparation for Mississippi. It is a bit frizzy so we'll see how tomorrow goes. And guess what??? Red Convertible Mustang baby!! Woohoo! Not that I know how to make the convertible top go down or anything, but it drives very nicely. And I made it to my hotel without getting lost - in the dark!

The flight was interesting. I was in the window seat. A gentleman was in the middle seat and he slept through the entire flight. Snoring and leaning on my shoulder most of the way. Made me feel like home since my loving, adorable husband snores too. The lady in the aisle seat in our section was laughing very out loud with her headphones in watching Jay Leno on the TV. To the point it made me jump. :-) I was minding my own business trying to read Eat Pray Love and not think about being thirsty or hungry because they ran out of sandwiches and salads before making it to row 35! But that didn't matter much anyway since my newfound middle seat friend needed my shoulder to sleep on anyway, so I would not have been able to get up and use the lady's room had I drank much soda or water anyway.

Needless to say, I was starving by the time I got to the hotel only to find out that they do not have room service. And I'm staying in a really nice hotel, Ala Moana , but they did have a Chinese restaurant still open for take out on the 3rd floor. So I'm sitting in my room eating fried rice and pork looking out the window on the 20th floor about to unpack the camera so I can take some pictures.

Tomorrow night I'm spending some time with Carla from our Oahu office. I'm really looking forward to meeting her in person and her family. She has twins, her son is autistic. Our company services autistic children and adults in California and Hawaii.

I will post the pics as soon as I figure out how...which means probably when I get home and have my genious technologically savvy husband do it.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment